Search Tips for Odd Obsession Movies
- All fields are not required to Find Movie(s). The more fields you fill in, the more limited the search will be.
- If you're not looking for something specific, try using the form on the right first. For instance, list the movies by director with the form on the right. Then plug a director who interests you into the director field of the form on the left.
- When you type words into the fields under Find Movie(s), think of trying to match some unseen text in our database. In consequence, some perfectly natural searches won't work.
- Directors are stored in this manner: Last, First. So, "John Ford" will not work, but "Ford, John" or "Ford" or "John" will work. (Keep in mind that the last two options will probably give more results than you want.)
- The same idiosyncrasy holds with some of the Titles, particularly the ones that start with the word "The." So, if "The Fly" fails, try "Fly," or preferably, "Fly, The. "
- There is no actor information in our database. If you want to find movies with Humphrey Bogart, go to imdb, get a list of movies he's in, then come back and search for a specific Title, or Director. We have provided links to some web-sites that we think are useful.
- Correcting errors and omissions in the database is ongoing. In the meantime, if you suspect that an error in the data is preventing you from finding your movie, here are some things you can do.
- Look at the list of Genres, or Directors, or Countries to see if there is an alternative spelling due to a typo. (For example, at one time there was 1 film in the "Science Fiction" genre, 1 film in the "Cult Sci Fi" genre, and 219 films in the "Cult Sci-Fi" genre.)
- As a last resort, type "null" into a field to see if your movie is among those that are missing a value in that field.